Friday, May 4, 2007

Flyleaf's Flyleaf

CD: Flyleaf
Artist: Flyleaf
Year: 2006
Music Type: Hard Rock

*Lyrics/Songwriting: 9/10
*Instruments: 8/10
*Vocals: 8/10
*Message: 7/10

*Overall: 8/10

Comments: Very talented new group. Releasing some very good hits off of their debut album such as I'm So Sick, Fully Alive, Sorrow, and All Around Me that have catchy lyrics and a good beat. The female lead singer has a very profound and drawing voice that shows much emotion even in the rare times that she goes scream-o. Heavy guitars, bass, and drums define the instruments and show the talent that they each have. The album shows a dreary outlook on life, but in some songs point it to God while touching on some unpopular topics such as the track 'Cassie'. Not my style, but I would recommend this cd highly. Very good!

1 comment:

lovesarevolution said...

Yea I like maybe 3 songs on it, I'd give it a 5. :P