Monday, May 7, 2007

Building 429's Iris to Iris

CD: Iris to Iris
Artist: Building 429
Year: 2007
Music Type: Religious

*Lyrics/Songwriting: 8/10
*Instruments: 8/10
*Vocals: 9/10
*Message: 10/10
*Sound: 8/10

*Overall: 8.6/10

Comments: A complete surprise to me! Thinking that it wasn't going to be good, but it was incredible. At least to me. Not quite as good as their first one(Space in Between Us), but it's hard to do that good. Better than Rise in my opinion. They have matured into a new sound altogether, playing with some minors and cool sounding guitar progressions. The hits include You Carried Me, Majesty, Singing Over Me, and Power of Your Name. Also, I really like the slow song Track 7 Waiting to Shine, which has the some of the most moving lyrics I have ever heard. Thumbs way uuuppp!!!

Sample of music lyrics: Loneliness banished; liberation rings; by the power of Your name; Be Glorified; beyond what mortal souls could dream; shine down; over your children; given me; GRACE; I am ASTOUNDED; Mercy covers all; I believe; You are calling me, singing over me; Staring at the sky; IRIS TO IRIS; diamonds reflecting; the Savior; has come cown; Long to shine; I won't question; in the DARK; Through the Storm; standing amazed; it's so beautiful; heaven and earth proclaim; glorious love is ALIVE, PERFECT, and UNCHANGING; I see clearly; the sky is MINE; so beautiful; Change; my history; reaching is stretching my doubts; I'm with you Beautiful is love revealed; you are constant; stunning is your GLory; I stand in wonder; I fix my eyes on You; in awe . . . I come; You are greater than all my sin!

Compilation and lyrics by: Jason Roy(lead singer, guitarist of Building 429)

No comments: