Saturday, May 5, 2007

A Dead Faith

BY MICAH LANG
A dream
A nightmare
A vision
A picture of the modern church
The sin
The anguish
The pain
The lost
The lost in America
As I stepped in the church of God in America all was well
I saw all the decorations and pleasing view
There was music playing in the background run by a record
The music was Amazing Grace
I sang silently in my soul as I carried my Bible
I am a foreigner
An alien to this world
I am one of God’s children; it is my purpose
I looked out toward the open doors heading to the auditorium
The minister was preaching out something
I couldn’t quite hear it well
It was a beautiful voice
I walked in slowly
A smile on my face
I looked to the pews in front of me
I saw the backs of everyone there
Every seat was taken
“This is a fruitful church!” I thought
I walked forward more
Everything was so quiet
So solemn
I thought they all must be in a solemn prayer
Their faith must be so strong
I looked up at the minister
A very good looking man
A very beautiful voice
I kept walking forward, drawn by the voice of the minister
Suddenly, my smile vanished as I saw him closer
Something about him
Something in his eyes
Something in his manner
Something in his voice that seemed too good
It dawned on me as I looked at him through different eyes
I saw him for what he really was and it almost terrified me
It was the devil himself
He was the minister of the church
I grew very nervous, but I knew that God was with me
The minister smiled at me and I glared
I wondered why the people in the church didn’t see through him
Why they let the devil preach to them
Wasn’t their faith strong?
They were all praying fervently
I turned around and looked at the people
I cried out to them to see through the disguise
But they couldn’t hear me
They showed no response
I looked at them closely and realized what was wrong
It terrified me
Their eyes were dead!
They were not even alive!
Suddenly, I woke up and gasped for breath
“It was just a dream,” I said, relieved
But it wasn’t
It wasn’t a dream
It was a true representation of the American Church
A Dead Faith!

No comments: