Saturday, May 24, 2008

New Song: "The Precious Life"

This song I wrote today means a lot to me and is my song about purity.

Vs. 1: I woke up today with a thought on my mind/ what if the dreams I have were left behind/ My life was just meaningless, feelingless, and not to take hold of/ And the last I saw as I opened my eyes/ was the fading light of a sun as it dies/ my spirit is screaming out, crying out, wanting to live/
Bridge: How do we breakout/ how do we make out in the world that we're living in/
Chorus: I will wait/ cause' true love waits/ I want to stay pure till this battle is won/ in a world that is screaming out, "Do what you want!"/ I will wait/ cause' true love waits/ I want to stay true to just one till I die/ I want to feel LIFE with the one that God made just for me/ The precious life/
Vs.2: Where are the men whose intentions are true/ and where are the virgins that stayed pure for You/ why is it counterfeit, the way love is portrayed/ Why is it lust can pretend that it's love/ and how can we so often push away God/ when all that He wants is to give us a life that's worth living/
Bridge:
Chorus:
Vs.3: Lord, I now pledge from this day on/ to wait for the day that I put the ring on/ I realize compromise only destroys all I wish for/ I know that You want me to know Precious Life/ and as I experience it with my wife/ I'll praise you forever and ever and then once again/ The best thing that in this world I'll ever know/ is to know that I've found One who won't let me go/ to know that this love is for me and I don't deserve it/ So I will cling to this promise that you've made/ that it will be worth it for me if I wait/ the cry of my heart is too loud for it to just go away!/
Chorus:
Ending: The precious life/ the precious life/ . . . the precious life

No comments: