Saturday, May 10, 2008

Teaching Algebra 2 to a Toddler

I am always disturbed when one of my co-workers say stuff that I know is ridiculous, unbiblical, and even harmful, but at some times I am at a loss for words.

For instance, yesterday, Kelly, a waitress I work with, said that she didn't believe in Marriage, that it was unneccessary, pointless, it was just a piece of paper, expensive, the divorce costs too much, and that you can have the same relationship as a married couple without being married. It truly burned me up inside that someone could be so ignorant. Marriage is a precious thing, it's of God and truly the most wonderful thing in this life as relationships go, but so many nowadays completely destroy the concept of marriage and its preciousness by getting married on a whim and then divorcing soon after cause' "it was a mistake" or "he/she doesn't love me anymore".

I base everything I believe on the Bible but those who don't believe the bible, such as my co-worker, can not possibly understand my reasoning because they don't know my God. It is like trying to explain Algebra 2 or advanced chemistry to a child who doesn't even understand simple formulas such as 2 + 2. How could they comprehend it? They don't use my logic and reasoning, so how can you explain it?

Unless the Spirit convicts, draws, and reveals a truth to even christians, they are like babies. I pity people like Kelly, because I know that they are, will be missing out on so much. Of course, I don't believe myself any better because the only reason I am God's child is from nothing but His grace. Nothing but His grace.

No comments: