Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Grace So BIG

I have been contemplating my sin lately. Thinking on it, even though I try to do my best and be more like Christ everyday, I fall short so much. Sinning isn't just doing wrong but merely missing the mark. Failing to give God the complete glory at every instance is a sin. I can't go for a day, not one hour without falling short in some respect. I feel so incomplete and imperfect at some times that I feel so undeserving. Then I remember that the only thing in this life and the next greater than all of my horrible sin, the only thing greater, is solely God's grace. No matter how much I fail and how much I come short, there is something bigger than all my mistakes. And that is a love so wonderful, it carries this world on its shoulders and holds us in its hands. With this is mind, how can I help but be filled with joy. I have every reason in the world to smile and if you know this grace that I do, so do you.

If ever you feel that nothing is going right or if things in your life never seem consistent, remember that God loves you so much that if you were the only person on this earth, He would have still come down and died for you. And that is a love worth living for!

No comments: