Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Laptop

So, my parents have a few traditions for their kids such as on each kid's 16th birthday, they take them out to eat and give a good talk about purity and then give them a purity ring symbolizing an oath between them, my parents, and God to save sex for marriage. Also, on every kid's graduation, my parents buy them a big present that they'll need for college or their future, such as a word processor, or my bro. got a zune ipod since he was getting everyelse from the army.
I, of which I'm very happy to say, am getting a laptop. This is huge for me since the only computer we've ever had is a windows XP from the year 2000. The one I'm getting is a windows inspiron. It's customized and being built as I write.
A lot of people I know say Apple is so much better than Windows, however, the laptop I got started at $599 and the cheapest Mac laptop on the market starts at $1100. Mine also has twice as much RAM and twice as much memory as the Mac and I got a built in webcam, a business-student operating system included, and host of other things that weren't in the Mac, to get those in the Mac I would've had to pay almost $500 more making it $1600 at least. Now, as some of my friends would say, paying the extra would be worth it. However, the question isn't that, but rather is a laptop worth $1600 to you and to me it isn't.
Also, you might find it interesting that I know 4 or 5 people that work with computers all the time, either are programmers or in a business that requires them to use several computers and get new ones each year. . . . Not ONE of them say that they think Apple is better Windows and I asked them all. In fact most of them say they prefer Windows better. I just leave it at that.

2 comments:

lovesarevolution said...

 Apples are better for creative work. Pc's are for programming and etc.

Micahlangelo said...

/: )