Saturday, June 7, 2008

Southern Style Chicken and Miracles

So, sitting here with my laptop on my lap(irony there) I was munching on the new McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Sandwich and thought I'd write a blog.

All I can really say is something very unoriginal; I love my God.

I know I say this a lot and alot of people say it, many not even meaning it, but I truly do. How can I help but love Him?

My dad told me an amazing miracle story today that I never really heard before. Our family has such great stories.

My mom's first pregnacy died during childbirth. This was devestating of course, but while my mom was 6 months pregnant with my brother Jonathon, she felt the baby inside her convulse for about two minutes then complete stillness and silence. Now, mothers can tell when a baby moves and she knew that this wasn't just kicking, it was convulsions and convulsions are siezures that happen before death.
The baby was then completely unmoving for hours and hours afterward which never happens after 6 months of pregnancy. She was crying when my Dad came home and she told him what happened. It was then that my Dad felt a boldness come from the Holy Spirit.
He went over, laid his hand on my mom's womb and said, "In the name of Jesus Christ, I command Life into this baby!"

Within twenty minutes, my mom felt the baby move again. Now, needless say, my Dad doesn't claim for sure that the baby had to be dead, but I myself believe that God performed a miracle that day just like He did on my mom's birthing of my brother.

The pregnancy lasted over 90 hours and both my mom and my brother should have logically been killed. The imbillicle cord crumbled apart into dust in the doctor's hands because of a massive infection. They both lived and at the end, all the doctors and nurses were in tears from joyous awe at this miracle. They were dumbfounded at how this could happen, however, my Mom knew and wasn't surprised at how God did it.

What a miracle huh?
Maybe you didn't think much about it when I said it the first time so I'll say it again:

I love my God.

1 comment:

lovesarevolution said...

Micah It's so great to here all the amazing experience you and your family have gone through. Thanks for sharing this one! :). I love my God too.