Tuesday, June 3, 2008

As for me and my house . . .

Now, at the time of my graduation and a new step in my life, people have been telling me many things. Many say to keep the faith and to not be wavored by the temptations of this world of which I'll be experiencing more in college and on my own. Some tell me that now is a time to just do what I want and to have fun. Some tell me now is the time to work all the more harder while still others say I should just wait on the Lord and let Him open the doors. It occured to me more and more that some of the encouragements I received were very important but it showed how the world's low standards have affected everyone. I know for a fact that I'm saved and I will never forsake my Jesus, but yet if I'm not kept on gaurd then I'll be in more danger. I'm more worried about what I can do for others in witnessing and making the right decisions rather than worries about falling to temptations. I see how even christians can conform and even though the temptations are great, I consider keeping faithful a given. We should be discouraging sin, not falling to it.
I tried to think of how to tell others and myself this and how to be ready with an answer for anyone in this matter. It came to me as I thought of a verse I'd heard a million times and it has now become my motto. No matter what this world says is right or wrong, no matter who tells me to live the way they do, no matter how others around me, even so-called christians, act and conform to this world, "As for me and MY house, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD!!!"
No matter what others do or say, I will serve my God unashamedly and uncompromising! AMEN!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Good for you. It's only going to get harder for you to stand up for your beliefs, but I know you can do it. I'm praying for you!