Saturday, April 5, 2008

On the Day of My Birth

Looking back today, I see my life. Looking through my experiences, the places I've been, what I've done, . . . . Who I've met, at some points I feel like crying, some like laughing, some in reverence, some in joy. How could I possibly be only 17 years old and yet have so many memories. Living in 6 different states, and 6 different places in Maine and Massachusets. I've been to both sides of the U.S., Canada, and to other countries. I have been to dozen of churches and have made acquaintances with thousands. I have seen God work miracles, on others and myself. I have been through trials, temptations, Mountain Peaks, valleys, hardships, blessings, and times of uncertainty. I have come through some victoriously, some, so much more than should, unvictoriously, but all for God's glory. I have been through more than even my dearest friends could ever know. I have enough memories to last two lifetimes. Over and over again, God has proven himself to me. I have become at times, dependant solely on God because nothing else was consistent in my life. I have become so much good friends with my savior, Jesus, that I, everyday, talk with Him regularly, outloud, as if talking to a friend right next to me. Unfortunately, I fail Him everyday, even every hour, I don't give Him glory for everything I do as I should, and I sin so much, it sickens me. Thank God that I have a savior. Even now, on my 17th birthday, I know God is working on me, making me more like Him. How unworthy, but yet so grateful I am. I hope and pray that this year, God will use me for His will and that I, in this crucial and deciding year in my life, will look to Him and His word solely for Guidance. As I have said before, it doesn't matter how old I get, but even on my Deathbed, I want it to be said of me that whatever I did, whether good or bad, it was all for the glory of my God. So be it!

1 comment:

lovesarevolution said...

let us be a blessing for life!


happy birthday Micah :)