Thursday, August 2, 2007

WAVORLY!

CD: Conquering the Fear of Flight
Artist: Wavorly
Year: 2007
Music Type: Alternative/Hard Rock

*Lyrics/Songwriting: 10/10
*Instruments: 10/10
*Vocals: 7/10
*Message: 8/10
*Sound: 10/10

*Overall: 9.0/10

Comments: Amazing is a word that comes to mind when referencing this album. The debut from this new band was not at all what I had in mind when I got it. Only hearing a part of one song, I was expecting a more Everyday Sunday-type sound; however, I listened the cd all the way through and was completely amazed. The album starts and ends with instrumentals which is very well-written and evocative. The composition of the instruments was extraordinary. Along with the sound, it has powerful lyrics and a great message. The writer's use of metaphors in his songs really makes you think. There are no hit singles like many new artists have in their first albums, but every song is unique and very good-sounding. I could not choose a best song off of it, but love every one. I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

lovesarevolution said...

best song by the way is Praise & Adore. ; )