Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Squirrelly Time

Okay so at work I was going to take out the trash to the huge dumpster. I looked down into it and there was a squirrel inside trying to get out. This has happened before, but this was the first time the squirrel couldn't get out. It tried to do a Jackie Chan thing by bouncing off of one wall of the dumpster and jumping out, but it missed every time by half a foot. After a dozen attempts it stopped and hid under a box. It didn't listen to my commands to get out of there, so I felt obligated to help it out. I got a long-handled broom and stuck it in there. I moved the box it was under out of the way and it attempted to jump out again and failed. It then just sat there. I yelled at it to jump on the handle and get out but it was stubborn so I bumped it with the broom until it got the idea. It then tried to shimmy up the pole like a bear up a tree but the broom was slippery and it slid down as much as it shimmied so I lifted up the broom and it slid within a couple inches of my hand but didn't move a muscle. I then brought the broom out of the dumpster and it still hung on. It continued hanging until I shook the broom. It then jumped off and raced up a tree. Funny huh?

No comments: