Monday, October 15, 2007

Anberlin's Cities

CD: Cities
Artist: Anberlin
Year: 2007
Music Type: Hard Rock/Alternative

*Lyrics/Songwriting: 8/10
*Instruments: 10/10
*Vocals: 9/10
*Message: 7/10
*Sound: 10/10

*Overall: 8.4/10

Comments: Quite an extraordinary album. Anberlin has matured quite a bit. The album is good is basically every way. Stirring Vocals of Stephen Christian along with his wonderfully matured sense of lyrics and songwriting captured me very much. His lyrics show a more personal, passionate sense. Lyrics such as "We don't question God, just those He chose to carry on His cross." and "Dismantle Me, Repair Me. I have to be honest, I tried to escape from You. . . . Call a prelude to a lifetime of You." show his more mature and serious-minded approach to life. Also, Joseph Milligan is one of the best guitarists in my opinion in Christian music. He writes the music for the songs and show his incredible talents the seldom solos such as the one in 'Godspeed' the hit single off of the album. The incredible thing about this cd is that most of the better songs are at the end of the album. My favorites from it are Godspeed, Unwinding Cable Car, Alexithymia, and Dismantle, Repair. This album pushed Anberlin to my No. 4th fav. band and I would recommend it to any fan of Alt. Hard Rock or just Rock in general.

No comments: