Thursday, July 12, 2007

My "Footprints in the Sand"

My ‘Footprints in the Sand’

By Micah Lang


It all happened so fast. I was with my best friend. I was in heaven. I was walking along the unseen ground with Him. He took me to a special place where I was with Him alone. I looked into the clouds and saw my past. I was crying and so was He.
It was so real and yet not quite the same. It seemed so different. I saw a man with his back turned facing God. This man was a murderer; a thief; a sinner. The God he was answering to was massive and powerful and angry. The God spoke but a single word and the man involuntarily fell to the ground, bowing before this awesome power. The man was subject to death for all his wrong-doings.
Right before the killing blow though, the God’s son approached; the son of which this God loved so much. He was His only son and of which no greater love could be given to from Him.
“What is it my beloved son?” the God said.
“I accept this sinner’s punishment as my own,” the son replied.
The man looked up at the God’s son. The son looked back with tears of blood in His eyes. He then looked back to His father.
The father stared back with tears in His own eyes. This was a great sight to see such a power and glory in such pain.
“Yes my son,” the God said.
Within an instance, the furious and awesome wrath of an angry God was poured in His own son. The punishment consumed the son and destroyed Him. All for the sinner; the guilty man.
“You are free to choose,” the God said and left in an instance.
The man was left alone to think of this and what had happened. He started walking away into the sunset, but he was stopped by a hand on his shoulder. He turned around and looked into the eyes of the son that took his punishment and pain.
“Why did you do that for me?” the man asked.
The son looked into the man’s eyes with nothing but kindness.
“You needed it,” the son said, “you had done nothing but wrong.”
“Everyone does wrong!” the man said furiously.
“Every man makes mistakes,” the son said, “but I did not. I lived a completely perfect life. I didn’t deserve any punishment.”
The man looked into the eyes of son, realizing the circumstances of what happened.
“Why did you do it then?” the man asked again.
“I had no other option,” the son said with tears in His eyes, “I love you far too much. The greatest of my love for you required it of me. There was nothing else I could do. If you felt the love I feel for you, then you would understand, but you can’t. Not yet. Come with me and I will take you to a place where you can experience this love.”
“I am free!!!”
“Yes, but if you don’t, then you will receive your punishment anyway.”
“I am free!!!”
“Please,” the son said, dropping to His knees, “please accept this gift I give to you.”
“I am free,” the man said and walked off.
It was then that I recognized the face of the man. It was me. It was all for me. I continued looking.
I was running; running as far away as I could. I kept looking over my shoulder to see if I was out of sight of my savior. He got very far, but was never out of sight. He was always looking at me; wanting me to come back.
It was at this point in my life where I stopped running. I realized what I was doing. My eyes filled with tears as I realized what my sin had done. I turned around and stared at Him.
I started walking back toward Him and as soon as I did, He came running to me with His arms wide open. He was there in an instance and embraced me as hard as He could. I embraced Him too and I felt a peace I never thought possible. Tears flowed from my eyes.
I realized that I was secure in His love, because now that I embraced Him, HE WOULD NEVER LET ME GO!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Awesome post.

May you continue to know Him more each day.