Monday, June 11, 2007

The Road

By Micah Lang

It was a time that I looked down on all the unsaved lost
I felt that as a Christian I was better for the cross

I stayed away from those who sinned except when I’d reprove
I’d always stay in the same place, while tell others to move

I have to say that I was always such a hypocrite
I never spoke to men in love, not once a little bit

After all, it was I who knew the wrong from right
I puffed myself up with my pride and looked good in my sight

But it was once that I was walking down an old, dirt road
And like Paul, a bright light threw me down cause’ of a great load

I looked up in fear to the glory of my Lord and King
I thought that I’d feel glad, but I couldn’t feel a thing

His eyes were filled with tears and I didn’t know why
I asked Him ‘why’ and He just looked at me as if He’d die

He shook His head with sadness I had seen right from the start
I started to cry when He told me, “You’re breaking my heart.”

“How could you,” He said, “never know the fullness of my grace?
Can’t you see it in my eyes, my hands, my feet, my face?”

I replied that I had known this and I was faithful
How could He ever even think that I was not grateful?

He told me that if I knew His love was so very real
Then I’d treat others with that love because of how I feel

I dropped my head as tears filled my eyes consumed by my grief
I saw that what I was, was nothing but a lieing thief

I looked up to His eyes, those eyes so filled with worry
My eyes filled up with tears and I said to him, “I’m sorry.”

Within a moment, I was alone and the light was gone
I climbed up from knees for I was no more undone

I smiled to my new changed self, I knew the love of Him
I would now show the light and love that Satan could not dim

Jesus’ love inside was like a cup that holds the sea
Cause Jesus loved the least of these, yes, loved even me

No comments: